Remarketing Ads, Its Types And Benefits
Remarketing is commonly known as retargeting and is a popular form of digital marketing in which the marketers run ads for users who have visited their specific page, or website and haven’t taken a specific action. It is one of the effective ways to target users who have already visited or shown some interest in your brand or business.
As you are targeting existing or past visitors, it is called “re”-marketing. It provides the second chance to up-sell, convert, or retain customers with campaigns or online ads. You can also do remarketing on various platforms in different ways like Google ads, Outbrain or Facebook ads.
Difference between remarketing and retargeting
Sometimes “remarketing” and “retargeting” used interchangeably, and they have essential differences.
When it comes to remarketing vs. retargeting, the major difference is in their strategy. Mostly, retargeting is the way of serving ads to potential customers based on cookies on the other hand remarketing is based on email. It works by collecting the information of users and making a list that is used later to send sales emails.
Remarketing and retargeting both are effective procedures in their own way, yet the combo of both may be the better strategy to boost the activity of digital marketing and it also improves the bottom line.
Types of Remarketing
There are various types of remarketing, below are some of them:
1. Standard: In this type of remarketing ads, we can show display ads to users who have previously visited a page. These ads are shown in apps and websites in the display network with Google Adwords as this network includes over 2 million websites.
2. Dynamic: Dynamic ads are similar to standard remarketing but the only difference is that the ads are personalized which is depending on the services and products for which the users were looking on the site.
3. Search Engine Ads: In this type of remarketing ads, display ads are not included but are appear at the time when users (Who already visited) are searching on search engines. Let’s narrow down it, not only the users who have already visited our site but also if they are searching for things related to our services and products.
4. Mobile Apps: In this, the ads are appearing specifically on mobile and in the app.
5. By Distribution list: In this type of remarketing ads, we can select our ads shown to a particular list of already collected emails, for instance, the users who subscribed to a newsletter.
6. Video Remarketing: In this, we don’t need to make a remarketing list which is based on the users who visited our website, rather than users who interacted with us via videos or a YouTube channel. These ads are shown on the websites, YouTube itself and in apps.
Benefits of remarketing
Maximum personalization: List of personalization remarketing offers a limitless amount of possibilities for you. Essentially, there are two key factors viz the amount of time passed and an action carried out by a user. Similarly, you can target users with various interests as various moments in the buying process and provide them maximum personalization.
Brand reminder: With the help of remarketing, we can remain in users thoughts and can maintain a better relationship with them.
Increasing reach: Through remarketing, you can become able to reach out to potentially interested users, no matter where they are.
Increase conversion: Remarketing helps in reaching out to users when they most likely to convert, as they already have an interest in your product or brand. With carefully selected the places where our ads are appearing, we can also personalize our point of contact to get a greater impact.
Meeting marketing goals: There are various options in creating lists, in places to capture places and your users where your ads are appearing, the process of remarketing adapts itself to the vast variety of goals and situations.